1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries
2 1/four cups sifted cake flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
half teaspoon salt, divided
1/2 cup shortening
1 1/three cups white sugar
three egg whites, room temperature
2/three cup milk, room temperature
1/2 cup chopped pecans
three/four cup butter, room temperature
6 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar, divided
1/three cup milk
6 drops pink meals coloring
1 half teaspoons vanilla extract
12 maraschino cherries, with stems
2 hrs 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 levels F (one hundred seventy five levels C). Grease and frivolously flour two eight- or 9-inch spherical cake pans or one 9×13-inch cake pan.
- Reserve 1/four cup maraschino cherry juice. Coarsely chop the cherries to make 1/2 cup. Put aside.
- Sift cake flour, baking powder, and 1/four teaspoon of the salt and put aside.
- Beat shortening in a big bowl with an electrical mixer on medium excessive velocity for 30 seconds. Add the 1 1/three cups white sugar and beat till properly mixed. Add the egg whites, separately, beating properly after every.
- Mix 2/three cup milk and reserved 1/four cup cherry juice. Add the flour and milk combination alternately to the shortening combination, beating on low velocity after every addition till simply mixed. Stir within the chopped cherries and nuts. Pour batter into ready pans.
- In preheated oven till cake springs again when frivolously touched with a finger or a tester comes out clear, 20 to 25 minutes for spherical desserts (or 30 to 35 minutes for a 9×13 inch pan). Cool muffins in pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then invert onto wire rack to chill utterly.
- To make frosting: beat three/four cups butter in a big bowl until fluffy. Steadily add three cups sifted confectioners’ sugar; beat nicely. Slowly beat in 1/three cup milk, 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla, and remaining 1/four teaspoon salt. Steadily beat within the remaining three cups sifted confectioners’ sugar. Beat in further milk (1 to 2 tablespoons) if wanted, to make frosting of spreading consistency. If desired, tint the frosting pink by including 6 drops of pink meals coloring.
- As soon as cake is totally cool, frost with butter frosting and embellish with maraschino cherries with stems.
- 676 kcal
- 113.7 g
- Ldl cholesterol
- 32 mg
- 24.1 g
- 1.2 g
- four.four g
- 304 mg
* % Every day Values are based mostly on a 2,000 calorie eating regimen.
Recipe by Judy Wattenbarger
“An excellent and moist cake with a stunning pink colour good for birthdays, showers, or anniversaries.”
Categories: Birthday Cake