1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup white sugar
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 pint heavy cream
1/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (4.6 ounce) package non-instant vanilla pudding mix
1 (8 ounce) jar seedless raspberry jam
1/2 cup sherry
4 fresh peaches – peeled, pitted and sliced
1 pint fresh strawberries, rinsed and sliced
1 pint blueberries
1 hr 30 mins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8×8 inch cake pan.
- In large bowl, cream together margarine and 1/2 cup sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Fold dry ingredients into butter mixture. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until cake springs back when lightly touched in center. Cool in pan for five minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack. Cut into narrow pieces about 1 1/2 inches by 4 inches. Set aside.
- In large bowl, beat cream with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Beat in 1/4 cup sugar and vanilla and continue to beat until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Prepare vanilla pudding according to package directions. Set aside.
- To Assemble Trifle: Brush each piece of cake with raspberry jam. Use half the cake pieces to line the bottom of a trifle bowl or other glass serving dish. Sprinkle half of the sherry over cake. Layer half the peaches, strawberries and blueberries on top. Cover with half the pudding and a third of the whipped cream. Repeat layers with remaining cake, sherry, fruit and pudding. Top with remaining whipped cream. Chill in refrigerator at least 30 minutes before serving.
- 432 kcal
- 51.7 g
- 90 mg
- 23.5 g
- 1.7 g
- 4.6 g
- 305 mg
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe by SESPEN
“I got this recipe from my English cousin. It’s very easy to make and this is her recipe for the cake.”
Categories: Blueberry Cake