1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs, beaten
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Grease and flour a 9 x 13 inch pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C ).
- Toss sugar, sifted flour, salt, soda, and cinnamon together in a large bowl.
- Fold in oil, eggs, chopped nuts, and pie filling. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until cake tests done.
- 316 kcal
- 37.6 g
- 35 mg
- 17.5 g
- 1.1 g
- 3.6 g
- 217 mg
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe by Joyce
“This is a great cake that can be put together in one bowl quickly when company is coming. It’s delicious when served warm with a dollop of whipped cream on top. Use any flavor pie filling.”
Categories: Blueberry Cake