12 fresh peaches, pitted and sliced
1 cup water
1 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spread peach slices evenly into a 9×13 inch baking dish. If using canned peach juice, pour 1 cup of it over peach slices. If using fresh peaches, combine water and sugar in a small bowl. Stir to dissolve, then pour mixture over peaches.
- Sprinkle cinnamon over peach slices, followed by dry cake mix. Top cake mix with pats of cream cheese. Dot cobbler with butter or margarine.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, until golden.
- 404 kcal
- 56.4 g
- 41 mg
- 18.8 g
- 0.4 g
- 3.4 g
- 396 mg
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe by Rebecca Lentz
“This is a quick but company-worthy cobbler. So simple, yet wins rave reviews. If desired, use 2 (32 ounce) cans of peaches in place of fresh peaches. If doing this, use peach syrup instead of water and then omit the white sugar from recipe. Also, yellow cake mix can be substituted for the white.”
Categories: Cake Mix Cakes