1 (18.25 ounce) package moist cake mix, any flavor
1/2 cup flour
1 1/4 cups water
3 cups oil for frying, or as needed
1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar for dusting
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, flour, water, and eggs. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 5 minutes, or until batter is free of lumps.
- Heat oil in a large, deep skillet until it reaches 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Using a small scoop equal to about 2 tablespoons, carefully drop batter into hot oil in batches so as not to overcrowd.
- Cook donuts in hot oil for 5 minutes, or until golden brown, flipping once with a fork mid-way through for even cooking.
- Carefully remove donuts from oil with slotted spoon or tongs, and drain on paper towels. Dust with confectioners’ sugar before serving.
- 61 kcal
- 8.6 g
- 15 mg
- 2.5 g
- 0.1 g
- < 1%
- 1 g
- 66 mg
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe by ZZZORBA
“A delicious, inexpensive, and easy way to make ‘homemade’ donuts that your whole family will love. This recipe also works well for funnel cakes!”
Categories: Cake Mix Cakes