1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups white sugar
3 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups shredded carrots
1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 (4 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
5 tablespoons butter, softened
1 dash vanilla extract
2 hrs 20 mins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease and flour a 9×13-inch baking pan.
- Whisk vegetable oil, white sugar, eggs, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract together in a bowl until smooth.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl.
- Stir oil mixture into flour mixture until a well-mixed batter forms.
- Fold carrots, pineapple, coconut, and walnuts into batter; pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour; cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Whisk confectioners’ sugar, cream cheese, butter, and a dash vanilla extract together in a bowl until well blended; spread over cooled cake.
- 614 kcal
- 69.6 g
- 76 mg
- 36 g
- 2.7 g
- 6.4 g
- 409 mg
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe by Food Eater
“One of my sisters, Beth, learned how to make carrot cake in home economics class in 1978. A few years ago I asked her to write down what she remembered from the recipe. Only remembering two-thirds of the ingredients, I completed the recipe by trial and error. It was worth all the effort. Simply delicious.”
Categories: Carrot Cake