12 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate, chopped
4 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, chopped
2 cups unsalted butter, cubed
1 cup espresso coffee
1 cup packed brown sugar
3 (10 ounce) packages frozen raspberries, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line the bottom of a 9 inch round cake pan with parchment paper.
- Bring butter, espresso, and sugar to a boil in a medium saucepan, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Place chocolate in a large bowl, and add boiling hot espresso mixture. Whisk until smooth. Cool slightly. Whisk in eggs. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Place cake pan in a roasting pan. Pour enough hot water into the roasting to come half way up the sides of the cake pan. Bake until center of cake is set, and a tester inserted comes out clean with a few moist crumbs attached, about 1 hour. Remove from water. Chill overnight.
- Puree raspberries in processor. Chill. Serve with chilled cake.
- 649 kcal
- 55.6 g
- 222 mg
- 48 g
- 6.7 g
- 8.3 g
- 62 mg
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe by MARBALET
“Sinfully delicious! This cake must be chilled overnight, so plan ahead.”
Categories: Chocolate Cake