Grand Fudge Cake:
three/four cup Ghirardelli unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups all-objective flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
half teaspoon salt
1 three/four cups sugar
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 giant eggs
1 1/three cups milk
Ghirardelli Buttercream Frosting:
6 tablespoons butter, softened
2 2/three cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup Ghirardelli Unsweetened Cocoa
1/three cup milk
half teaspoon vanilla extract
For the cake pops:
5 cups Ghirardelli® 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips
2 tablespoons shortening
fifty eight spherical paper lollipop or picket craft sticks
2/three cup Ghirardelli Basic White Baking Chips
- To make the Grand Fudge Cake: Preheat oven to 350 levels F. Grease and calmly flour two 9-inch spherical cake pans. In a medium bowl, mix cocoa, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; put aside. In a big bowl, cream butter and sugar on medium-excessive velocity till mild and fluffy, about four minutes. Scale back velocity to low, and add vanilla and eggs one by one, scraping bowl after every addition. Alternately add flour combination and milk (beginning and ending with the flour combination), whereas mixing on low velocity. Proceed to combine till clean. Pour into ready pans. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or till a cake tester inserted within the middle of cake comes out clear.
- To make the Ghirardelli Buttercream Frosting: In bowl, beat butter till mild and fluffy. In a separate bowl, combine powdered sugar with cocoa. Mix sugar combination with butter alternately with milk, beat properly after every addition. Beat till clean. Mix in vanilla.
- To make the Triple Chocolate Cake Pops: Crumble the Grand Fudge Cake into a really giant bowl. Add the Ghirardelli Buttercream Frosting. Beat with an electrical mixer on low velocity till mixed. Utilizing a small scoop or spoon, drop the combination into 1-half-inch mounds onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Roll mounds into balls and freeze for half-hour.
- In a small microwave-protected bowl, mix 1/four cup of the Ghirardelli® 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips and 1/four teaspoon of the shortening. Prepare dinner on medium energy (50 %) for 1 minute. Take away and stir till clean. Dip one finish of every lollipop stick into the melted chocolate and poke sticks into the cake balls (this helps the balls keep on the sticks). Freeze for 30 to 60 minutes or till balls are agency.
- In a small microwave-protected bowl, warmth the Ghirardelli Basic White Chocolate Baking Chips on medium energy (50 %) for 1 minute. Take away and stir. If chocolate just isn’t melted, return to microwave and repeat heating step, stirring each 30 seconds to keep away from scorching. Stir till clean. Put aside.
- In the meantime, in a big microwave-protected bowl, mix the remaining Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips and the remaining shortening. Microwave on medium energy (50 %) for two minutes. Take away and stir. If chocolate just isn’t melted, return to microwave and repeat heating step, stirring each 30 seconds to keep away from scorching. Working in batches, dip the frozen balls into the melted bittersweet chocolate. Permit extra to drip off. When the bittersweet chocolate is simply set, drizzle the pops with the melted white chocolate. Place on ready baking sheets.* Let stand for half-hour or till chocolate is about. After chocolate is about, switch to a storage container and retailer, coated, within the fridge for as much as 1 week. Let stand at room temperature for at the very least half-hour earlier than serving.
- 203 kcal
- 25.three g
- Ldl cholesterol
- 20 mg
- 12.1 g
- 1.5 g
- 2.four g
- 89 mg
* % Day by day Values are based mostly on a 2,000 calorie eating regimen.
Recipe by Ghirardelli®
“Wealthy darkish chocolate cake and chocolate buttercream frosting are shaped into little cake balls, then dipped in melted darkish chocolate and drizzled with white chocolate.”
Categories: Chocolate Cake