1 (15.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
1 1/2 cups eggnog
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup eggnog
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup shortening
1 cup white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 24 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- Stir yellow cake mix, 1 1/2 cups eggnog, eggs, 1/4 cup melted butter, and nutmeg together in a bowl until batter is smooth. Pour cupcake batter into prepared muffin cups to fill about 2/3 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden and the tops spring back when lightly pressed, 12 to 14 minutes. Transfer cupcakes to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Stir 1 cup eggnog and flour together in a saucepan over medium-high heat until mixture thickens, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Beat butter, shortening, and sugar together in a bowl with an electric mixture until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Slowly beat in cooled eggnog mixture and beat until desired frosting consistency is reached. Spread frosting onto cooled cupcakes.
- 213 kcal
- 26.6 g
- 61 mg
- 10.9 g
- 0.2 g
- < 1%
- 3 g
- 171 mg
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe by betty rocker
“These cupcakes are a great way to get the flavor of eggnog without being overwhelmed by its richness. The frosting is light and creamy, not overly sweet or waxy!”