12 ounces candied mixed fruit
5 ounces glace cherries, roughly chopped
2 ounces candied mixed citrus peel
2 ounces chopped walnuts
three/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon flooring allspice
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup milk
12 ounces sifted self-rising flour
1 1/2 cups white sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 ranges F (100 sixty ranges C). Line one eight inch deep sided cake tin with parchment paper.
- Place the fruit cherries, peel, walnuts, sugar, butter or margarine, mixed spice, baking soda and milk in a medium sized saucepan. Convey to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Let mixture cool to physique temperature.
- Stir inside the flour and the eggs. Pour batter into the prepared pan. Wrap outdoor of pan with brown paper or newspaper.
- Bake at 325 ranges F (100 sixty ranges C) for forty minutes then reduce temperature to 300 ranges F (100 fifty ranges C) and proceed to baking cake for 1-half hours. Take away cake from oven and allow it to relax in tin for 5 minutes then flip it out onto a cooling rack, take away greaseproof paper and depart until cool. Cake could also be saved for as a lot as 6 months wrapped in foil and in an air tight tin.
- 587 kcal
- ninety 9.4 g
- Ldl ldl cholesterol
- eighty one mg
- 19.4 g
- 1.5 g
- 6.6 g
- 621 mg
* % Day by day Values are based mostly totally on a 2,000 calorie meals plan.
Recipe by Mark Richards
“This recipe produces a really moist fruit cake it was given to me by my mom, and it is extremely straightforward. My mom makes use of it for Christmas cake by icing it. I exploit it for birthdays, Christmas, or just for a cope with.”
Categories: Fruitcake Recipes