1 cup raisins
1 cup dried currants
1/three cup diced candies combined fruit peel
1/three cup candied cherries, quartered
2 tablespoons grated orange zest
1/three cup all-function flour
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 2/three cups all-objective flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 ounce floor almonds
half cup entire almonds
1 tablespoon corn syrup
- Mix raisins, currants, combined peel, cherries, and orange rind. Dredge with 1/three cup flour.
- Cream butter or margarine and sugar till fluffy. Beat in eggs 1 at a time till mild. Mix 1 2/three cups flour, baking powder, and floor almonds; fold into batter combination. Combine in fruit. Unfold in foil lined eight x three inch spherical pan. If utilizing a special measurement pan fill three/four full.
- Bake at 325 levels F (one hundred sixty five levels C) for about 1 1/2 hours, till an inserted picket decide comes out clear. Take away cake from pan.
- Toast almonds in 350 levels F (one hundred seventy five levels C) oven till calmly browned, about 5 minutes. Warmth corn syrup, and brush over prime floor of scorching cake. Place almonds in no matter design you want. After cooling, cake won’t be sticky.
- 456 kcal
- sixty two.6 g
- Ldl cholesterol
- 111 mg
- 21.5 g
- three.1 g
- 7.1 g
- 179 mg
* % Every day Values are based mostly on a 2,000 calorie food plan.
Recipe by Carol
“This Dundee cake recipe makes use of candied fruit peel and candied cherries to make a scrumptious model of a Scottish Christmas favourite.”
Categories: Fruitcake Recipes