2 cups bourbon
eight ounces golden raisins
sixteen ounces purple candied cherries, halved
three/four pound butter
2 cups white sugar
6 egg yolks
6 egg whites
2 cups packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons floor nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking powder
5 cups all-objective flour
1 pound chopped pecans
1 cup bourbon
- Preheat oven to 275 levels F (one hundred thirty five levels C). Grease a ten inch tube pan and line backside with parchment paper.
- Soak raisins and cherries in 2 cups of bourbon or whiskey for forty eight hours. Earlier than making cake, drain properly and reserve the bourbon.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, nutmeg and baking powder. Put aside.
- In a small bowl, cream butter with the white sugar. In a separate small bowl, cream yolks and brown sugar till very mild.
- In a really giant bowl, mix the 2 sugar mixtures and mix nicely.
- Alternately add flour combination and reserved bourbon in three levels, mixing nicely with every addition.
- Add soaked fruit and fold in. Add nuts and fold in.
- In a clear medium bowl, whip egg whites till stiff however not dry. Fold into batter till evenly distributed.
- Pour into ready 10 inch tube pan. Place a pan of water within the backside of the oven and bake for four to five hours at 275 levels F (one hundred thirty five levels C). Ovens range, so watch the baking time. Check cake with picket decide. (Might take longer than 5 hours).
- Take away from oven and permit to chill for quarter-hour earlier than turning out. When virtually cool, brush sides and inside gap closely with bourbon. Wrap cake with bourbon soaked cheesecloth, then with plastic wrap. Refrigerate in a single day and saturate once more with bourbon. Cowl with plastic wrap after which with foil and retailer for at the least 2 weeks in a cool dry place.
- 1077 kcal
- fifty four%
- 131.four g
- forty two%
- Ldl cholesterol
- one hundred forty mg
- forty seven%
- forty five.6 g
- 5 g
- eleven g
- 234 mg
* % Day by day Values are based mostly on a 2,000 calorie food regimen.
Recipe by Holly
“Fruit cake soaked in whiskey. Must be made a month prematurely, should you can wait that lengthy (I can not!). You will want some cheesecloth for giving this cake its trademark bourbon wrap.”
Categories: Fruitcake Recipes