11 ounces cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 pint heavy whipping cream
2 (12 ounce) packages ladyfinger cookies
1 (16 ounce) package frozen strawberries
1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Strain strawberries and set aside, reserving juices. In a saucepan bring cornstarch and strawberry juice to a gentle boil. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Whip cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla together.
- In a separate bowl beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture.
- Arrange ladyfingers around sides and bottom of the 8 or 9 inch springform pan, standing ladyfingers lengthwise around sides of pan. Pour 1/2 of the filling into the pan, then place a layer of ladyfingers on top of filling. Pour remaining filling over ladyfingers.
- Spread strawberry sauce over top of cake and place the whole strawberries on top. Refrigerate and remove from pan once thoroughly chilled.
- 514 kcal
- 56.3 g
- 207 mg
- 28.9 g
- 1.3 g
- 8.9 g
- 175 mg
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe by Star Pooley
“Light and fluffy, easy and elegant. This recipe is from my Mom!”
Categories: Holiday Cakes