1 1/four cups graham cracker crumbs
2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
1 tablespoon butter, melted
four (eight ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup white sugar
four giant egg yolks
1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
1/four cup recent lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup bitter cream
four giant egg whites
1/three cup white sugar
three cups recent blueberries or frozen blueberries, thawed
1/three cup white sugar
1 teaspoon recent lemon juice
6 hrs 20 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 levels F (one hundred seventy five levels C). Frivolously grease 9 inch springform pan. Minimize an 18 inch sq. of aluminum foil, and wrap across the outdoors backside of the pan.
- To make the crust, combine the graham cracker crumbs and brown sugar collectively in a bowl. Stir within the melted butter till completely blended. Press the combination evenly into the underside of the ready pan.
- Bake in preheated oven till golden brown, about eight minutes. Take away pan from oven and funky on a rack.
- To make the filling, place the cream cheese in a mixing bowl; beat till creamy, about 2 minutes. Proceed beating whereas progressively including 1 cup sugar. Beat till sugar is completely blended. Beat within the egg yolks, one by one, scraping the edges of the bowl after every addition. Combine within the lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla, and bitter cream till properly blended.
- Beat the egg whites in a clear bowl till delicate peaks type. Proceed beating whereas progressively including 1/three cup sugar in a sluggish stream, till stiff peaks type. Don’t overbeat. Gently fold 1/three of the meringue into the cream cheese combination. Repeat twice extra with remaining meringue, mixing rigorously to not deflate the egg whites, till no meringue streaks stay. Pour the filling into the ready pan, and place in a big baking pan. Pour scorching (not boiling) water into the baking pan as much as 1 inch on the edges of the springform pan.
- Bake in preheated oven till the highest is nearly set, 50-fifty five minutes. Flip off the warmth, prop the oven door open about 2 inches, and permit cake to relaxation within the oven till utterly set, about 1 hour longer. Refrigerate a minimum of four hours, or in a single day earlier than serving.
- To make the topping, place 1 cup blueberries and sugar in a saucepan; prepare dinner over medium warmth till berries start to interrupt, 6-eight minutes. Whereas nonetheless scorching, pressure the berries via a sieve or cheesecloth positioned over a bowl, reserving the juice. Discard berry pulp. Permit the juice to chill.
- Combine remaining 2 cups blueberries and lemon juice collectively in a big bowl. Stir within the strained blueberry juice. Simply earlier than serving, pour the blueberry topping over the cheesecake.
- 503 kcal
- forty seven.1 g
- Ldl cholesterol
- 157 mg
- fifty two%
- 32.1 g
- forty nine%
- 1.2 g
- 9.2 g
- 306 mg
* % Day by day Values are based mostly on a 2,000 calorie weight-reduction plan.
Recipe by MERRYMOBERRY
“Take pleasure in this mild and lemony cheesecake with its scrumptious blueberry topping. It is wonderful as a summer time dessert, particularly if you will discover wild blueberries or huckleberries, or use frozen thawed and drained blueberries.”
Categories: Lemon Cake