1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix (such as Duncan Hines®)
1 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 cups cold milk
2 (3.5 ounce) packages instant banana pudding mix
1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping (such as Cool Whip®), thawed
1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs (such as Nilla®), or to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Whisk cake mix, water, vegetable oil, and eggs together in a bowl until smooth; pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, 23 to 28 minutes.
- Whisk cold milk and pudding mix together in a bowl until pudding is soft and thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Poke holes into the cake using the handle of a clean wooden spoon. Pour pudding over cake, spreading evenly. Spread whipped topping over pudding layer and sprinkle vanilla wafers over whipped topping.
- 371 kcal
- 49.3 g
- 43 mg
- 17.9 g
- 0.6 g
- 4.3 g
- 460 mg
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe by Madicakes
“A moist, yummy cake that tastes just like banana pudding! Add some sliced bananas, dipped in lemon juice to prevent browning, layered on top of the whipped topping. Great for potlucks.”
Categories: Poke Cake