1 cup butter, room temperature
three cups white sugar
6 eggs, room temperature
three cups cake flour
1 cup heavy cream, room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract (non-compulsory)
1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar, for dusting (elective)
1 hr 10 minutes
three hrs 10 minutes
- Preheat oven to 325 levels F (one hundred sixty five levels C). Grease and flour a ten-inch tube pan.
- In a big bowl, cream butter for two minutes. Add sugar and proceed beating for five minutes, scraping down bowl sometimes. The combination must be noticeably lighter in colour. Add eggs separately, beating properly with every addition.
- Add flour alternately with whipping cream, starting and ending with flour. Stir in vanilla and almond extract.
- Unfold batter into ready pan. Bake in preheated oven till a tester inserted within the middle of the cake comes out clear, about 70 minutes. Permit to chill in pan for quarter-hour.
- Flip cake out onto a cotton dish towel and place on cooling rack coated with cotton towel. When cake is cool, prime with confectioners’ sugar and serve with fruit or by itself.
- 487 kcal
- sixty eight g
- Ldl cholesterol
- 149 mg
- 21.eight g
- zero.5 g
- 5.7 g
- 131 mg
* % Every day Values are based mostly on a 2,000 calorie eating regimen.
Recipe by Toni Wiggins
“Moist, taste-altering, mild pound cake. Observe: You’ll be able to change the flavour through the use of 2/three cup whipping cream and 1/three cup flavored espresso creamers (in dairy case). Attempt mixing some in, they’re nice.”
Categories: Pound Cake