2 cups self-rising flour
three teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup mild brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/four cup melted butter
half cup unsweetened applesauce
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
three cups unsweetened canned pumpkin puree
four eggs, frivolously crushed
1 (four ounce) package deal cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon butter, softened
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1 teaspoon rum extract
1 tablespoon milk
1 hr 15 minutes
2 hrs 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 levels F (one hundred seventy five levels C). Grease and flour a Bundt pan.
- Sift the self-rising flour and pumpkin pie spice collectively right into a bowl. In one other mixing bowl, beat the white and brown sugars, vegetable oil, melted butter, applesauce, vanilla, pumpkin, and eggs collectively till clean.
- Progressively beat the flour combination into the pumpkin combination, half cup at a time, till utterly clean and nicely blended. Pour the batter into the ready Bundt pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes. Cowl cake with aluminum foil to stop over-browning, and bake till a picket skewer inserted into the cake comes out clear, 15 to twenty minutes longer. Cool the cake within the pan on a wire rack for about half an hour.
- To unmold the cake, faucet the underside of the Bundt pan on the counter or work floor to assist launch it. Invert the cake on a serving plate and permit it to chill utterly earlier than glazing.
- To make the glaze, combine the cream cheese with the butter, confectioners’ sugar, rum extract, and milk in a bowl. Warmth in a microwave oven for 15 seconds. Drizzle spoonfuls over the cooled cake. Maintain cake refrigerated after serving.
- 492 kcal
- seventy six.three g
- Ldl cholesterol
- ninety four mg
- 19.three g
- 2.5 g
- 5.7 g
- 501 mg
* % Every day Values are based mostly on a 2,000 calorie food plan.
Recipe by Kristi Catalani
“This cake is a large hit with my household through the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. It is very moist and simply melts in your mouth. It is a yummy various to conventional pumpkin pie. This cake is sweet as is, or sprinkled with powdered sugar. It’s particularly tasty with a superb glaze drizzled on prime. The glaze that my household likes greatest is made with cream cheese and a bit of little bit of rum.”
Categories: Pumpkin Cake