- 1 1/2 cups well-drained, mashed, cooked beets
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9 x 13 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, combine beets, eggs, vanilla, oil, and sugar. Mix with an electric mixer on low speed until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, soda, salt, and cocoa. Add to the creamed mixture, beating together well. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until done. Cool and frost with your favorite icing.
- 180 kcal
- 21.3 g
- 26 mg
- 10.1 g
- 0.9 g
- 2.2 g
- 120 mg
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe by Lenna
“A moist cake that is a good keeper. My gardening neighbor brought me this cake along with the recipe several years ago.”
Categories: Sheet Cake