2 1/2 cups all-function flour
2 cups white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
half teaspoon baking soda
1 1/three cups buttermilk
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/eight teaspoon salt
four egg whites
2 (sixteen ounce) packages vanilla frosting, divided
sweetened flake coconut, or as wanted
1 drop purple meals coloring, or as wanted
12 entire graham cracker squares (four cookies every)
forty eight miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 levels F (one hundred seventy five levels C). Line 24 cupcake cups with paper liners.
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda collectively in a bowl. Beat buttermilk, vegetable shortening, vanilla extract, and salt into dry elements till completely mixed; beat egg whites into batter. Pour batter into ready cupcake cups, submitting them 2/three full.
- Bake within the preheated oven till cupcakes are calmly browned, about half-hour. Let cool.
- Divide a container of frosting in half and tint half pink with purple meals coloring; set remaining vanilla frosting apart. Use second frosting container to frost cupcakes. Cowl cupcakes with coconut.
- Break graham crackers into particular person cookies and minimize every cookie rigorously right into a leaf form pointed at each ends to make forty eight ears. Cowl every ear with remaining white frosting and frost the within of every ear form with pink frosting. Stick 2 ears into every cupcake. Push 2 mini chocolate chips into tops of cupcakes under ears to make eyes; add a dot of pink frosting to every for a nostril.
- 401 kcal
- 60.eight g
- Ldl cholesterol
- < 1 mg
- < 1%
- sixteen.5 g
- 1.eight g
- three.four g
- 199 mg
* % Every day Values are based mostly on a 2,000 calorie food regimen.
Recipe by thepurplebaker
“These are such cute cupcakes for Easter! Your loved ones will love them. My household went loopy once I made them.”
Categories: White Cake